Thursday, February 16, 2012

Getting Creative - Week 39

Koala sleeping on a tree top
Image via Wikipedia
I know that every week has exactly the same amount of hours and days. I know I just experience them differently. This week just flew by and suddenly we're half way through February. I've come to the realization that I work best after the sun goes down. This does not bode well. I really need to get my life back in order. I have to get back to being a "day" person.

To this end my doctor suggested that I start a sleep diary. For the past six months or so, I've been sleeping in four hour bursts. The only way I get a solid night's sleep is if I'm drugged. Occasionally I sleep through the whole day. I slept through last Thursday and it threw everything off.

For the next few weeks I'll be concentrating on what they call sleep hygiene. I'm hoping that once I get on a normal sleep schedule I will have the energy to write more often. Fingers crossed.

This week's card:
Support Yourself 
No one knows better that you do what inspires you and gives you confidence. You make the most of that knowledge by making the most of people, places, and things that have a positive effect on you and your creativity. Especially when you're feeling vulnerable, choose what you do carefully and wisely. Go out of your way to spend time with people who mirror your best beliefs about yourself. Make time to hang out at your favorite beach, park, shop or neighborhood. Surround yourself with trinkets and treasures that remind you of your strongest, most confident times. Before you know it, you'll be in the middle of another one.

Huh. It's been so long since about what inspires me I'm not sure I know what does. Unfortunately my favorite place to "hang out" is my place. I've become a total homebody. I'm going to have to do some thinking and then force myself to go out just to go out. Not sure where that will lead.

Creativity Resources:

Get Inspired! Magazine -  blog for Graphic Designers, Illustrators, etc.


31 Ways to Find Inspiration for Your Writing -  an interesting list of things to try.



Getting Creative is a 52 week project where I will try to work my way through 52 Ways to Nurture Your Creativity by Lynn Gordon. You're welcome to come along as I do a card a week for a year.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment