Saturday, January 14, 2012

Repost: I Had A Dream






I have weird dreams. I'm sort of used to them. Last night's was really weird. I very rarely dream about celebrities. And those dreams are never sexual. At all. That I had a dream about Bono is not strange. I'm a big fan. Many people I know are big fans. Even so this dream had me saying, "What the fuck?!!!"

In my dream, Bono was a werewolf. I can see Bono as a vampire (above?) but a werewolf?

Anyway...

It was a full moon and Bono escaped. I had to call animal control to tell them that my wolf cross dog was loose. I also said that he'd been abused by a previous owner so people should not get near him and they should use a tranquillizer gun.

Next I'm at the pound with a training collar and leash. Wolf Bono is still a bit groggy when I slip the collar (with his id tags - one a dog shaped tag with the name "Button" on it.) over his head. I then begin to treat him the way I treat PADS puppies. He has to "heel" (sit at my right side), "let's go" (walk at my side) and then sit. At one point he tried to go after something on the floor and I growled, "leave it" and gave him a major leash correction. I listen to the animal control officer lecture me about getting my dog neutered.

We were leaving the pound when dream ended.

I woke up shaking my head. Bono's wolf name is Button? Okay. I actually do know where that came from. I have a tendency to say that some guys are "cute as a button." Still, it's a very odd name for a wolf.

Some dream definitions


From Dream Moods:

Wolf 
To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social situations and can blend in with any situation with ease and grace. You are a loner by choice. Negatively, it represents hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life. In particular, if the wolf is white, then it signifies valor and victory. You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours. 

Werewolf 
To see a werewolf in your dream, indicates that something in your life is not what it seems. 



From the now defunct Predictions: Dream Dictionary:

Celebrities 
Dreaming of any particular celebrity often reveals a fantasy for friendship or romance. These dreams may also show a sense of being a peer or equal to that celebrity as if to say, "I can do that, too." A second aspect of this phenomenon is living vicariously through a celebrity. In this instance, people will assume a peculiar sense of participation with a public figure's success and notoriety. 

Of course, because today's media completely inundates the public with images and rumors of celebrities, they may appear in your dream simply as extraneous static. 

Ya Think?!

So I'm no further along at figuring out what that dream was trying to tell me. At least it was more interesting than my last "celebrity" dream.





Reposts are posts written for previous journals or other places online that no longer exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment