Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Getting Creative - Week 33


Last week's card was a bout demons. We all have them. Some times we don't even realize it until we sit down and look for ourselves. As they say, naming them is the first step to recovery. I've spent some time this week looking over my writing career, such as it is at the moment,  and I've found some very strong demons hovering. Fear of Success and Fear of Failure are front and center. Perfectionism is also a big one. It's going to take a lot of work before I can put my demons behind me. I think they'll always be around but I'm hoping for a day when I can ignore them and just get back to writing .

This week's card:
Recipe Book 
If you're like most creative people, you thrive on a steady diet of stimuli. So keep the ingredients close at hand -- make yourself a cookbook of inspiration. attach to its pages newspaper articles, postcards, quotations and song lyrics that summon your muse out of hiding. don't forget the lock of hair you saved from your highly productive, magenta Mohawk era, and the photo of the admired one whose accomplishments encourage your own. Then, the next time your imagination gauge is hovering  near empty, pull out your special recipe book and fill up on a rich and enriching feast of images and ideas.
This sounds like a fun project. I can see myself getting carried away by the possibilities and not doing anything else for the whole week. That would be different wouldn't it? We'll just have to see how it goes.

 Creativity Resources

Inspiration Box - make your own box to keep things that inspire you together.


Andy Warhol's Inspiration Box - a cute kit with an Andy Warhol action figure and stickers.

About the image: Mr. Dressup's "Tickle Trunk" now at the  CBC Museum in Toronto. It contained everything needed to have fun and adventures on a kid's television show.


Getting Creative is a 52 week project where I will try to work my way through 52 Ways to Nurture Your Creativity by Lynn Gordon. You're welcome to come along as I do a card a week for a year.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment