Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Getting Creative - Week 26




When I think of comfort the first thing I think of is food. What can I say? I'm a Cancer and we think with our stomachs. As they say, food is love. I don't take the time to cook really healthy food often enough. So this week I broke out the soup pot for some good old fashioned borscht. I used this recipe with a couple of variations. 


I used stew beef and removed all the gristle and fat before putting it into the pot. I also roasted the root veggies in a very slow (200) oven. Since they cook at different rates you have to keep checking on them. Soup is an all day affair. I also used lemon juice instead of red wine vinegar. 


There's something comforting about a house filled with wonderful food smells. I didn't get a lot of work done. The bonus is this stuff freezes. I'll have soup without fuss for the next month.


This week's card:
Live with It 
Since there is no scientific evidence to the contrary, it is possible that creative inspiration and abilities can be absorbed through osmosis. Just living with art may make you more creative. Surround yourself with as much art as will fit and you can afford. The pleasing products of other people's creative expression may just rub off on you. And at the very worst, you'll have creatively decorated your home.


Umm. I know a couple of soulless art collectors who own art for the investment. They don't have a creative bone in their bodies. They have no appreciation for the art that surrounds them except for its monetary value.


But hey, if you are creative, surrounding yourself with art can hardly hurt.


Creativity Resources


10 Tumblr Blogs to Creatively Inspire You – I just happened to see this article yesterday. Kismit.


Art.com! – A large variety of artwork at reasonable prices.


Wolfmorphine – one of my favorite artists at deviantART.


Getting Creative is a 52 week project where I will try to work my way through 52 Ways to Nurture Your Creativity by Lynn Gordon. You're welcome to come along as I do a card a week for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment