Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting Creative - Week 25


This is as close as I got to nature this week. What? I went OUTSIDE. I've come to terms with my feelings about nature. I'm okay avoiding it. I'm someone who very rarely gets cabin fever. If I don't have a reason to go outside I don't. Most of the the time, especially in summer,  I go outside to get to somewhere else inside. Can I help it if I burn easily? The only exception is when I have a puppy. Then I slather on the sunscreen every day. But I will admit sometimes I wish there was an indoor dog park in Vancouver.

This week's card:
Add Comfort 
From a bathtub full of rose petals to bowls of only yellow M and Ms, traveling movie and rock stars are notorious for their idiosyncratic requests. Although these predilections may be a bit eccentric, we understand why they want their own personal comforts on the road. How can you make yourself as comfortable as possible while working? Are there special teas, slippers, or pens that allow you to feel taken care of while venturing off into the creative wilderness? Pamper yourself as needed to make that trip safe and comfortable.

I'm all about comfort. If' I'm going to sit at a computer all day I'd better have everything I need in reach. Right now the area around my computer is a mess.  I'm trying to reorganize my work space so that everything I need is easily accessible. I'm dreaming about a bigger desk with some bookshelves above.

If I know I'm going to spend a good stretch working I need to stock up on edibles. Not just stuff for meals but snacks and liquids. I don't want to stop to go foraging for food in the middle of some project or other. It's important to not interrupt my "flow". Especially if it hasn't been flowing recently.

 Creativity Resources




30+ Easy Ways To Pamper Yourself – A glass of wine, a trashy novel, your favorite music and many more ideas.

31 Days of Pampering – Exactly what it sounds like.





Getting Creative is a 52 week project where I will try to work my way through 52 Ways to Nurture Your Creativity by Lynn Gordon. You're welcome to come along as I do a card a week for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment