Saturday, September 17, 2011

Repost: Dream A Little Dream





I had this rather bizarre dream last night. 

I was in a hotel room with Moneypenny. I was washing my face in preparation for putting on a mud mask and sinking into a hot bubble bath when there was a knock on the door. It was Bono. He wanted me to come out to the pub with him. I told him I was having a night in. He told me he was depressed that I would rather put goop on my face than go out with him. I told him that it can be restorative and that he should try it some time. 

“Okay,” he said.
“Okay what?” says I.
“I’ll try it. Where’s the goop?” says he.
“What?! Now?!” 
“Yeah. Why not.”
“Oh, no reason.”

So he plops himself down and I contemplate calling security. I must have decided that the publicity would have been too much bother. I tell him he should get changed so that he doesn’t get goop all over his nice purple shirt and leather pants (hey, it is my dream after all…)

I’m wearing a short black kimono that looks suspiciously like the one I had years ago. It has an amber dragon on the back. I give Bono the big fluffy white robe that came with the hotel room (I suspect it was The Clarence.) Once he’s properly attired I drag him into the bathroom and give him a clean washcloth and my cleanser. While he’s washing his face I down two glasses of Champagne, eat two chocolate covered strawberries, and order some more of both from room service.

When Bono has finished washing his face, I show him the tube of avocado clay mask and tell him to put it on his face. He seems averse to getting his fingers in it and I tell him that’s half the fun. He doesn’t believe me so I put it on for him. I leave him looking at his green face in the mirror as I take care of the room service guy.

I go back into the bathroom to find him making designs in the mask with his finger. I smack his hand away and apply more goop. I tell him he had his chance to play with it and didn’t take it. He grabs the tube away from me and says, “your turn.” I sit on the vanity while Bono stands between my legs and puts green goop on my face.

I realize that Bono needs a manicure so we go out into the main room and I set everything up at the table and we drink Champagne, eat strawberries and talk about everything from music to Africa to the differences between growing up in Ireland and growing up in Canada. After the manicure, I move to his feet. We continue drinking, eating and talking while I give him a pedicure.

When I finish with his feet, we go and wash off the face goop. We just finish that when there’s a knock on the door. It’s the other members of U2 and they’ve brought pizza and Guinness.

We all settled down to eat and talk. After a while, I sat on the floor so I could give Moneypenny a tummy rub. Moneypenny gets right into her tummy rubs, moaning and wiggling with pleasure. Bono said that he was jealous of Moneypenny. I said, “What, you want to be lying on the floor wearing nothing but a collar and the fur genetics gave you?”

Larry spewed Guinness everywhere, Adam shook his head, Bono laughed and Edge said, “Now there’s an image I did not need.”

At this point, I woke up laughing.

I think I had this dream because a) I was watching Vertigo Chicago before I went to bed and b) I won a gift certificate to Absolute Spa. I’ve been trying to decide what to spend it on (besides a manicure & pedicure.) I’m now starting to lean towards a facial.

Most times when I wake up in the middle of the night, it’s because I’ve had a nightmare. I’ll take girl’s night in with Bono over anything from my psychological closet any day.








Reposts are posts written for previous journals or other places online that no longer exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment