Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting Creative - Week 21


I really wanted to get some new stuff to try this week. I even got on the bus and made the trek only to find that my favorite art supply shop had moved. I didn't know where until I saw the new location as I went by on the Skytrain today. It's not open yet. I have no idea when it will be open. I think I might have to go to another store.

This week's card:
Be Really Silly 
Sitting around alone in a darkened room for days or weeks at a time, toiling away at creations that might or might not see the light of day, forgetting to eat, sleep, or go to step aerobics classes can lead a creative person to take herself or himself a bit too seriously. Loosen up, and your creative output will reap the benefits. If your usual medium is oil on canvas, get your hands into finger paints and leave your prints on paper, the refrigerator, a mirror. If you sculpt, bring a pail and a shovel to the nearest beach. If you're into construction, build yourself a kite and spend a day in the park trying to fly it and rescuing it out of trees.

I guess this one fits in with the “laugh at yourself” and the “try something new” cards. I've been staring at this page for 10 minutes trying to think of something to say. I've got nothing. I've gotten behind on some other things that are starting to stress me out. Maybe I'll have more to say next week.


Creativity Resources

Be Silly – There must be 50 Way to Be Silly.

Creative Activities – Some fun projects to get your mojo working again.


For silly you can't top Robin Williams







Getting Creative is a 52 week project where I will try to work my way through 52 Ways to Nurture Your Creativity by Lynn Gordon. You're welcome to come along as I do a card a week for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment