Friday, July 1, 2011

T.G.I.F. - These Are the Days of Our Lives

Today is T.G.I.F. (Thank God It's Freddie) but it's also Canada's birthday. I tried to find some way to tie those both together but anything I could think of was quite tenuous. What I did find was a short video to commemorate what would have been Freddie's 61st birthday.

Is it me or is there something really unsettling about the thought of Freddie Mercury as a senior citizen?




The video for These Are the Days of Our Lives was filmed in May of 1991 just months before Freddie's death. There are two versions of the video. One with animation from Disney and one with just the band. The video is black and white to hide how frail Freddie was. This was his last video. Supposedly a full color version exists but I haven't been able to find it.




Disney Animated Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment