Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Get the Weirdest Things in the Mail


You can't really tell from the picture but that is a black bubble wrap envelope. When I pulled it out of my mailbox this morning I had no idea what it was. The Human Preservation Project seemed familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.


It was a big envelope for what was in it.  The black rectangle has an "icefly" on top and says: We are both creatures of the senses, you and I - we inhabit the same reality, simmering just below the perceivable world. THE PULSE IS GROWING CAN YOU FEEL IT?

At the very bottom it says [To activate, remove the tab and twist together]

The other thing in the envelope was a piece of paper with an LED light on one end and on of those code thingies on the other. I removed the tab but some of it was stuck. I can't find my exacto knife so it's stuck in there for now. The light is very small and I couldn't "activate it".

I wasn't sure that this was all about until I saw "Mission Icefly" on the piece of paper holding the light. A few weeks ago I followed a link to a site for the Human Preservation Project. They were looking for "test subjects." There was a little quiz and then you put in your info. You also had to upload a picture for your ID card.

I did all that and promptly forgot about it. After I got the package I went back to the Mission Icefly site and watched this weird, disjointed video. After watching for a few minutes I realized that a URL was flashing on the screen every few seconds.

I followed the URL and watched another short video. This is where it finally dawned on me that this was a game.  I had suspected that it was a promo for a movie a la 2012. So that last thing that I got in my envelop was that code thing. I don't have anything to read it with. My iPhone is too old. ::sigh::  I need the code to play the game. Anyone have any ideas about how I can see it?

1 comment: