Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting Creative - Week 11



Last week's card was all about immersion. The only thing I managed to immerse myself in was an online blogging conference. Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was glued to my computer even more than usual learning different aspects of the blogging world. I learned that I'm supposed to have a goal for my blog. Huh. I don't have goals. Especially not for this blog. Exotic Hadron is a personal blog. I write about things that interest me. I don't really care if anyone reads it or not. I no some people do read it every week even though they never comment. That's fine with me. I have other blogs.

The Conjurer's Kitchen is a semi-personal blog. It's part food blog and part Pagan blog. I've been neglecting it (again). One of these days I'm really going to get serious about it. I've got a few things that I should have posted already.

Genre Wench, my book blog, seems to be doing okay in spite of me. It has more followers than I ever expected. I've just started a Facebook page for Genre Wench.

Viridian Passion is my eco-sex blog. I've been neglecting it as well. I don't know what happened. I was really into it when I started but then things just faded. I want to get back to it. I see a lot of things that I think I could write about there but then I don't do it. I don't know why. I am starting to revive it. I'm in the process of making a Facebook page for it. We'll see how it goes.


This week's card:
Play With Kids 
There is nothing like experiencing the joyful and uncritical creative process of making things in the company of children. The rarely have performance anxiety or feel pressure to achieve unattainable goals. They don't sit at a piano banging away while fretting that Mozart was pre-pubescent when he composed his first symphony. Nor do that stare at the finished product thinking they should have use more red paint and less yellow to portray that sunset. There is as much to be learned from the unencumbered creative process of a child as there is in studying with a great master.

When I first saw the title of this card my reaction was NO WAY. I don't like kids. I try to avoid them at all costs. I have very few RL friends with kids. I very rarely see the kids my friends have. I just don't have the patience to deal with children any more. I avoid going places where a lot of kids will be.

I'm wondering how “unencumbered” childhood is these days. I suppose it's mostly the same for most kids. Then there are those kids whose parents are determined for them to get ahead. Interviewing for pre-school, lessons in multiple languages and not wasting a moment on frivolous things like finger painting. I wouldn't be surprised if those kids were stressed out.

I'm not really sure what I'll do this week. Maybe get some finger paints...



Creativity Resources:


Childlike Creativity: Nurturing Your Creative Mindset - A short but interesting blog post.


The evolution of a painting:








About the Image: The only semi-creative thing I did all week was try out different online avatar creators  to see if I could make something usable. Results were so-so.


Getting Creative is a 52 week project where I will try to work my way through  52 Ways to Nurture Your Creativity by Lynn Gordon. You're welcome to come along as I do a card a week for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment