Monday, July 11, 2011

The ABCs of me


I don't usually do memes on this blog but I found this interesting one at Carol's CornerHere's some music to get you in the mood:


Age: A little less than two weeks from 47 (July 22 for all of you playing the home game).

Bed Size: Double. Boring. I doubt I could fit a bigger bed in my bedroom. Not if I wanted to have a nightstand.

Chore I hate: All of them. Isn't that why they're called CHORES? Cleaning the bathroom is probably the worst.

Dog: Don't have one at the moment. I've wanted an akita since a friend's roomie got one. Big. Cuddly and full of attitude.

Essential start of your day: That first trip to the bathroom. Is that being too literal? TMI?

Favorite color: Purple, purple and purple. I will put up with green and black. Can't stand orange, red, rust, brown, gold, most yellows, pastels of any kind.

Gold or Silver: See above. I cannot stand gold unless it is white gold. What the heck is white gold anyway?

Height: 5 feet, 6 inches. It is what it is.

Instruments: I've taken accordion and clarinet lessons. Can't actually play either. I sing.

Job title: Ruler of my own private universe.

Kids: No, thank you. I'm good.

Live: 49° 15′ 0″ N, 123° 6′ 0″ W

Mom's Name: Wicked Witch of.... um... Lorraine

Nickname: Mad, Red, Toots

Overnight hospital stays: Two. Had my tonsils out on my birthday (1971) and salmonella poisoning (done in by a cream cheese bagel from a stall on Granville Island) on the same day (1995).

Pet Peeves: People using "alot" when they mean “a lot”.  People who comb their hair or fix their makeup in public. That is what restrooms are for. People who talk on their cell phones but don't use their “indoor” voice. Rudeness of any shape or form unless I'm in a bad mood and it's me being rude. THEN it's perfectly fine, maybe even justified.


Quote from a movie: "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. "Damaged people are dangerous because they know they can survive." from Damage. "I always get stuck with the fuzzy end of the lollipop." From Some Like It Hot. "I was afraid you'd find out I wasn't fabulous." from St. Elmo's Fire. If you think that says something about me, I don't want to hear it.

Right or left handed: Right. I worked very hard at being ambidextrous but the handwriting didn't get any better.

Siblings: I am the third out of four born. I have an older brother and sister living. My baby brother died when he was less than a month old. Technically that makes me the baby.

Time you wake up: Whenever. Unless I have an appointment then I set my alarm for the last possible moment.

Underware: Is that like the boxers or briefs question? Victoria's Secret or Walmart? Walmart with delusions of being Victoria's Secret.

V
egetables you dislike: I love veggies. Except okra. Anything that I know to be GMO. In North America that means corn, soy, canola. I won't eat those unless they are organic. Now that I think about it, I don't love veggies the way PETA does:






What makes you run late: I'm chronically early. I always add extra time for transit problems or puppy problems. If I'm late it's because I forgot to set an alarm.

X-rays: My legs. My arms.

Yummy food you make: It's all yummy. Otherwise why make it? Weird question. I make a mean deep dish, 3 cheese lasagna. Do not even bother if you count calories. I think low fat cheese is an abomination.

Zoo animal: I do not like zoos. Or circuses. My favorite non-domestic animal is probably any of the big cats.





So what about you? If you do the meme put a link to it in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. What a very charming and adorable puppy. I'm thinking of having one soon.

    ReplyDelete