Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Hollywood Stock Exchange



I've started playing the Hollywood Stock Exchange* again. I've been there off and on since the site opened a few years ago. The HSX gives you $2 million to “buy shares of your favorite actors and their new movies. Watch their values rise or fall based on their success. Prices soar with a blockbuster opening at the box office and plummet with a bomb no one went to see.” (source: HSX website)


For some strange reason my Johnny Depp stocks are down 23.94% today. Sometimes you just can't tell. That's part of the fun.

Since I have to know when movies are coming out to play HSX I've decided to post release dates for 2011. After today I'll post what's opening in the coming week on Sunday. If you decide to go see one of the movies I've listed here please come back and tell me which movie and whether you liked it or not.

There's a lot of other movie related information I need to play HSX. I might randomly post anything I find interesting. We'll see how it goes.



Movie Release Dates - May 26 - 28



MAY 26th

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms
Director: Todd Phillips





Cast: Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman
Director: Jennifer Yuh



MAY 27th

The Tree of Life (Limited)
Cast: Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, Fiona Shaw
Director: Terrance Malick


If I was going to a movie this weekend I'd go to Kung Fu Panda 2. The first one was very cute.



*If you want to join the Hollywood Stock Exchange tell them I sent you. My user name there is madison1964.

No comments:

Post a Comment