Saturday, May 21, 2011

Goodbye Jean



I'm really sad they killed off Jean Sylvester. She was the best part of Sue. I read that the show's producers asked Jane Lynch (Sue) if she would be okay with them killing off Jean. I'm sorry she said yes. I don't know where Sue is going to go from here. The relationship between her and Jean was the only positive one in Sue's life.


The funeral was really touching. Kurt and Finn did a great job. As for the rest of the episode... meh. I find it hard to believe that Quinn's self-esteem is so low that she'd stay with Finn even though he loves Rachel. Or is it that she needs the prom queen crown to validate her life and Finn is her best bet?


The Jesse St. James stuff was boring and stupid. It showed me exactly why I don't watch American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. Is Jesse going to take over the insults from a kinder, gentler Sue? I sure hope not he doesn't have the gravitas for it.


And why did no one mention that Jesse and Finn were kicked out of prom? Didn't that just happen? Why would Mr. Shue hire him and risk alienating Finn?  He has to have heard about the incident. Wasn't it just last year that he was telling them they didn't want to be like Vocal Adrenaline? So why hire Jesse to turn them into a clone? The comment about them needing all the help they can get was insulting to every member of Glee Club.


I know it's just a TV show but I'd like it to make a certain amount of sense if I'm going to waste an hour watching it.


I was going to talk about a teacher at my high school who lost his wife and daughter in a house fire. The whole school went to the funeral in a blizzard. I will never forget it. Nor will I forget how angry I was that it happened at all. They lived in a new area of town and it took the fire department 20 minutes to get to the house. Two days later the city announced that they were building a fire station in the area. Two deaths too late.


I was going to talk about that but I find that I really don't want to now.


Pure Imagination - Glee Cast


Pure Imagination (Glee Cast Version)


You can read my other Glee related posts here

No comments:

Post a Comment