Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wrong and Not in the Right Way


szólj hozzá: Glee - Raise Your Glass


Let me start by saying that I loves me some Warblers. I gotta give props to whoever is arranging and choreographing their songs. Except for the strangeness of having a bunch of guys who probably don't know who Mister Mister is singing Hey Soul Sister all of the numbers have been great.

Until Regionals. Raise Your Glass by Pink is probably the worst song they could have done. Didn't anyone understand the lyrics?

Right right, turn off the lights
We gonna lose our minds tonight
What's the dealio?

I love when it's all too much
5 AM turn the radio up
Where's the rock and roll?

Party crasher, panty snatcher
Call me up if you are gangsta'
Don't be fancy
Just get dancey
Why so serious?
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
Won't you come on, and come on, and
Raise your glass
Just come on and come and
Raise Your Glass!

Slam slam oh hot damn
What part of party don't you understand?
Wish you'd just freak out (freak out already)
Can't stop coming in hot
I should be locked up right on the spot
It's so on right now (so fuckin' on right now)

Party crasher, penny snatcher
Call me up if you a gangsta'
Don't be fancy
Just get dancey
Why so serious?

So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks

Won't you come on, and come on, and
Raise your glass
Just come on and come and
Raise Your Glass!
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Just come on and come and
Raise your glass!

Oh shit my glass is empty...
that sucks !

So if you're too school for cool (I mean...)
And you're treated like a fool (treated like a fool)
You could choose to let it go
We can always, we can always
party on our own...

So raise your (Aw fuck)
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be never be!
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
Won't you come on! and come on! and
Raise your glass
Just come on and come and
Raise your glass
Won't you come on! and come on! and
Raise your glass
For me
Just come on and come and
Raise your glass...for me


The Warblers wear perfect, matching uniforms. Their choreography is precise. To have them sing “we will never be anything but loud and nitty gritty” is stupid. Not that it didn't sound great. It did but I kept thinking HELL NO as I was watching. It's just a touch hypocritical for a group that is the epitome of conformity to be singing a song about being happy about being different. Rebels they are not.

I think the Warblers should leave the Pink songs to Pink. They obviously don't get it.





Raise Your Glass (Glee Cast Version)




Read my other Glee related posts here.

1 comment:

  1. hah. i never even knew all the words to that song because i always turn it off so fast. i think i have got to stop listening to the radio! found you thru SITS

    thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete