Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lovin' Mercedes This Week


Do you remember Amber Riley from American Idol? Of course you don't. She never made it past the audition with the producers. Yet more proof that the show is more Idiot than Idol. I guess it worked out for Amber because she gets to play Mercedes Jones on Glee.

I watched this week's episode last night and was blown away by Amber's performance. I can't remember every hearing Ain't No Way before. I like Aretha Franklin but my knowledge of her work is limited. That doesn't matter. I love the song now. Amber was that amazing.

And she looked totally beautiful.

Kudos to the costume designers for picking that beautiful dress for Amber. And while I'm giving out production kudos, I gotta give one to whoever found that choir. It's just a shame I can't find the name of the choir anywhere. I'd love to have some mp3s from them. They aren't even credited on the mp3 from the episode that is for sale. Not surprising given that the main cast aren't getting royalties from the songs they've recorded.

I don't have much to say about this episode.  I knew Will and Holly weren't going to last. If Gwyneth Paltrow was joining the cast they would have been advertising it to the moon and back. Lauren was unlikeable. That could be my my own bias. I've known managers who make demands they say are from their clients but often turn out to be their own desires.

That's it from me today.* You can watch Mercedes here until FOX takes it down.

mp3 - Ain't No Way (Glee Cast Version)


mp3 - Ain't No Way - Aretha Franklin

Read my other Glee related posts here.

*You may have noticed I haven't been around much this month. I'm working on a couple of projects that are taking up all my time. I might have something to say about them at the end of June. Hopefully I can get back to regular posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment