Thursday, March 10, 2011

Woman & Girls AIDS Awareness

Every time I think I know about AIDS I get blown away by some new statistic. Take this from Rock the Red Pump:
...women still represent 27% of all new AIDS diagnoses, with African-American women accounting for 66% of that group. This year focuses on this statistic, “Every 35 minutes, a woman tests positive for HIV in the United States.
This is the 3rd Millennium people! Aren't we all supposed to enlightened and groovy by now? Why don't woman think that their bodies and their health are worth protecting? When protection comes at the price of a box of condoms, it seems like a no brainer.

I won't even get into why men don't respect and cherish the women the have sex with enough to put a coat on. Forget the men. Women have to show men that they love and care for themselves. They have to insist on using protection each and every time.

I was young and stupid when AIDS first appeared in the 80s. In 1989 I had my first AIDS test. It was a horrible experience. I had to go to an STD clinic because it was a special test and doctors couldn't order it. I got lucky. I know it. Some of my friends weren't so lucky.  They're dead now.

I found this video and I think it does a good job at explaining why protected sex is the only sex you should be having:




Remember the motto: No Glove, No Love.

Let's be safe out there kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment