Saturday, February 26, 2011

Once More Into the...

I'm not one for doing multiple post on the same subject but I just keep finding new opinions about Puck singing Fat Bottomed Girls to Lauren. My initial reaction to it can be found here.


I'm inclined to cut Puck some slack. He's obviously smitten:




It's not like he's playing with Lauren's feelings for kicks or a bet. He, probably for reasons he doesn't understand, is into her. When it comes right down to it, Puck is not the brightest crayon in the box. Take this exchange:
Puck: "What is this place?"
Lauren: "It's the library."
Cute but not too bright. Just the way I.... Never mind! I think he honestly felt that song said what he wanted to say to Lauren. He wants her to know that she rocks his world. He doesn't understand how she could be offended. When you think about it, Fat Bottomed Girls was an obvious choice. Puck is a rocker. He's not going to sing Billy Joel or Bruno Mars. He's unable to fake twee enough to sing Big Girls (You Are Beautiful) by Mika.


There are worse songs. Brand New Car by The Rolling Stones and Little Red Corvette by Prince jump immediately to mind. If you thought those songs were about automobiles you have been asleep at the wheel baby! There are a lot more out there. Fat Bottomed Girls is a relatively harmless song.


I hope Lauren realizes that Puck didn't mean to hurt her. He was just being his cute, oblivious self. I know nothing about Lauren or her background. The toughness is probably a facade she's worn for years. Watching the video of Puck's performance I don't see anger in Lauren's face. Bemused or  incredulous but not angry . Maybe she's just too good at hiding her feelings. We'll have to see as the story develops.


I hope she and all the rest of those offended cut the poor boy a little slack.




Read my other Glee related posts here

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by TryItMom last night. The cocktail hour was a lot of fun. I am a HUGE Glee fan, and I can't wait for next week's episode :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up. I've got the first season DVDs to watch. I can't believe how much of a jerk Puck is. Season two must be the rehabilitation of Noah Puckerson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the "relationship" between these 2. I love that she brings out the best in him. She doesn't know how to handle it. Honestly, if it was me, I wouldn't either. But I really do think he's smitten. Do I think it'll last long? Probably not. He is still PUCK after all. But for the time being, I'm enjoying seeing a softer side of Noah Puckerman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started calling season two The Rehabilitation of Noah Puckerman. He was borderline unlikeable in season one. It seems he's matured.

    I'm not sure where the relationship with Lauren will go or if it will last. She might be able to teach him a few things.

    ReplyDelete