Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Need To Break A Bad Habit

Steampunk desktop.Image via Wikipedia
For some strange reason I like to sign up for things. Especially if I think they may be remotely cool. My doctor convinced me to sign up for an HPV study that will last for two years at least. Okay. That doesn't sound very cool. If it will help create a test that will spot cervical cancer earlier than the current pap smear I'm all for it.

So the latest thing I've signed up for is "an academic study of mutliplayer online video games." What it means is that they're going to throw a bunch of strangers into a situation and have them try to solve a mystery. At first I hesitated to sign up because the study is being conducted in a "steampunk" sim. Hell, until today I had only the vaguest idea what steampunk was. Hint: Wild Wild West and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen were steampunk movies.

I spent the afternoon looking at (and buying) Victorian dresses (SIGH) and hats. I haven't found any shoes but that's next on my list. Then I'm going to go to the library and get some reading material to help me along in my self directed crash course.

If you're interested in participating in this study get yourselves to THIS PAGE
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment