Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wanda Sykes

I love it when I discover a new comedian. Laughter is good medicine. Almost nothing makes you feel as good as you do when you're laughing. Notice I said "almost". I've seen Wanda Sykes in a few movies but I didn't pay much attention. While flipping channels a few weeks ago I came across a rerun of a January episode of her TV show. I only caught the second have of her panel discussion (which I could not find on YouTube for some reason) but I was laughing all the way through it.




The other day I heard that Wanda called  Constance McMillen and asked her and her girlfriend to fly to LA. It seems that Sykes is getting an award for being an openly gay entertainer. She got to choose who presents the award and she chose McMillen.  Very cool in my book.

After hearing about that I went to her website and watched some of the videos there. One was a clip from her new HBO special Ima Be Me. Funny stuff:

No comments:

Post a Comment