Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still Getting Spam From Bono




Valentine's Weekend @ The Clarence


VALENTINES DINNER IN THE TEA ROOM RESTAURANT


This year we are running our renowned Jazz nights in The Tea Room Restaurant all weekend.

The 4 course Valentines Menu is priced at ONLY €45.00 per person
and on Valentines night the price also includes a Kir Royale

Our Valentines Jazz Dinners will be available from:
6pm – 10.15pm on Friday 12th, Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th February 2010.


THE OCTAGON BAR

As it is the month of ‘LOVE’ Szabi has designed a special Cocktail “The Valentini”, made from Vanilla Vodka, Mozart Chocolate Liqueur, Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur Topped with Champagne.

This very special cocktail is priced at €12.00

*All offers are subject to availability at time of booking. For details on the cost of accommodation enhancements please visit our online booking system at www.theclarence.ie

*****************


A few years ago, out of curiosity, I emailed The Clarence hotel in Dublin (part owned by Bono and Edge) and asked if it was hearing accessible (yes there is such a thing). I never got an answer but I was put on their mailing list. I've tried to unsubscribe twice. I'm wondering it third times a charm or if I should just face the fact that I'm going to be getting spam from Bono for the rest of my life.

Normally I wouldn't even open an email about Valentine's Day. I hate red, I can do without chocolate and I'm allergic to flowers. I pity anyone trying to make the day special for me. They can't take the easy way out. They've got to be creative. I could really go for that Valentini drink but I very much doubt I'll be in Dublin in time.

This Feb. 14 I don't really care about hearts and flowers because it's also the Chinese (lunar) New Year. I've got stuff to do that day. I might even roll out of bed early enough to see the parade.

Still, it would be great sitting in the Octagon Bar drinking Valentinis. If only Bono would send me money instead of spam.

2 comments:

  1. Bono is such a jerk, man ;)

    Seriously, it is lame that they won't take you off their mailing list. I guess there could be worse people spamming you. Like ... STING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shudder to think what Sting would send.

    ReplyDelete