Thursday, November 12, 2009

When Things Hurt In the Virtual World



I just had a very embarrassing moment in the virtual world I hang out in sometimes. I put myself up for auction. Thankfully I had one friend (3 out of 120 showed up) willing to bid on me.

I can think of one reason this happened. It has to do with one of the things I hate about all social activities. They always have groups of people who all know each other and rarely, if ever, let anyone new in. I'd only been at the club a couple of times (with friends) so no one really knows me. I signed up to be auctioned off on a whim (those damn whims getting me in trouble again) so I really didn't think I had that much invested in it.

I was wrong. Feeling embarrassed in the virtual world feels EXACTLY like being embarrassed in the real world. I hate being embarrassed, especially publicly embarrassed. But I think I'll go make myself some hot cocoa and spend the rest of the evening curled up with a good book.

Tomorrow I'll dust myself off and go have some fun with my date.

No comments:

Post a Comment